Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Uninstall plugins & Group Tables

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 January 2010, 13:54

Hello,

I can't seem to find any information on how to install plugins and certain filters. There are some plugins that we don't need and just collecting dust.

Below is the list we would like to remove from the software. 

Grouptype - Course

Import - Leap

Export - Leap

In  html filters

http://www.teachertube.com

I never of heard of leap untill I stumbled upon mahara. Our site will never use it so, we might as well take it out.

Also, I am in the process of creating another group type that would be used for meetups. I wanted to copy the standard group tables and then add some new rows to make it work as a meetup group. Is there some information about creating new plugins? Or would it be easier to code it in the core files. 

I am open for ideas or any kind of advice.

Thanks in advance.

Account deleted

19 January 2010, 15:32

I removed the course group from the database and I am guessing that uninstalled it. When I go to the admin section it isn't there any longer. I guess I can do the rest the same way. I am not sure about the html filters though.
Account deleted

21 January 2010, 10:34

I have searched the mahara site and wiki for more information concerning a plugin for group types. However, I found nothing. Is the group type plugin structure the same as an artefact plugin structure?
Account deleted

25 January 2010, 23:00

Hi Allen,

You cannot easily uninstall a plugin from the database as yet.  However you can hide them from your users by 'disabling' them under "Administer Extensions" in the admin section.  You can remove the course grouptype and leap import/export this way.

For the teachertube filter you need to edit htdocs/lib/htmlpurifiercustom/filters.xml, remove the teachertube stuff, and then reload the filters by clicking the install button on the HTML filters page.

4 results