Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara excessive authentifications requests/ Time out issues / parameter is missing

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 January 2010, 4:40

Hello guys! First let me congratulate you and an excellent platform. I just setup my Mahara and i'm trying to do some fine tuning to it but i'm having the following issues:

1) Is there a way to minimize the amount of authentication request I get as I go from one page to the other? As admin i have to re-login 3 times before applying one single change in configuration.  

2)  When I try to change some configuration ei; Add new admin or new pages it automatically gives me a "Your session has timed out. Please login" but when I try to log back in it doesnt recognizes my info forcing me back to the Home page.

3: When trying to access the plugins and in other actions it gives me an error: "

Mahara: Invalid Parameter

A required parameter is missing or malformed
The 'sesskey' parameter is not alphanumeric only "

If you can help please do. I'm excited about this new projects and I have a close deadline for this event in NYC. Thanks!

Regards,

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

18 January 2010, 6:07

Hi,

please check the permission of your maharadata folders. 

HTH Heinz

Account deleted
Account deleted

18 January 2010, 6:42

system say this error

Call stack (most recent first):
  • log_message("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...", 1, true, true) at /homepages/11/d310589782/htdocs/ecoemploi/lib/errors.php:123
  • log_environ("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...") at /homepages/11/d310589782/htdocs/ecoemploi/lib/mahara.php:97
  • ensure_sanity() at /homepages/11/d310589782/htdocs/ecoemploi/init.php:80
  • require("/homepages/11/d310589782/htdocs/ecoemploi/init.php") at /homepages/11/d310589782/htdocs/ecoemploi/artefact/internal/index.php:34
But my php.ini contain magic_quotes_gpc = off

18 January 2010, 8:44

Hi,

did you restart apache after modifying the ini file?

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

18 January 2010, 12:41

Hello Heinz! Thank for you reply. 

Can you tell me which folders need special permissions? Tried to find this information on the site but couldn't. Which one of my problem is this solution for? 

Thanks!

Account deleted

18 January 2010, 13:05

I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else but when I click on the Mahara logo on the top left corner it sends me to the home page where I have to login again in order to access my account. Is that suppose to happen?

18 January 2010, 15:05

Hi,

it's wanted that you see the home page. That you need a new login ist not normal and may be a thing of your nor correct permmission settings.

Heinz

18 January 2010, 14:59

Hi Joël,

you need an apache restart if you chance the php.ini settings. The repeated login process is a problem of the write permission of the maharadata folder. Did you see my other posting about this problem?

Greetings from Germany

Heinz

14 results