Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Description and tags missing?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 January 2010, 23:30

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the 'Description' and 'Tags' fields have been purposely removed from the File Upload screen (as shown in the documentation)or if I have a problem with the instances I'm running?

In previous versions users could add a description and tags to a file as they were uploading it, but since the upgrade to 1.2 it looks like these fields have vanished in the upload, even though if they edit the file after uploading then the two missing fields are still there.

Any advice welcome, hoping its just something odd rather than a feature that has vanished...

Mark.

Account deleted

14 January 2010, 1:24

Hi Mark,

It's something we took out on purpose, because we wanted to make uploading files easier.  Now you don't have to click on the "Upload file" button after selecting a file -- the upload should start as soon as a file is selected. Nigel & I both thought this was much better than the old system, but I guess if there is a real need for these fields to be entered before the upload, we would consider adding a site option for the old-style file upload form.

R.

Account deleted

17 January 2010, 19:06

Hi Richard,

Easier - yes. A way to encourage people to add something important like metadata - no. Particularly given the new tag cloud functionality that allows users to do something useful with their tags if they have added them. I'd personally prefer to have it as a configurable setting since I can see both sides of the argument, but I'm keen to hear if anyone else has an opinion on it.

Thanks for the quick resonse,

Mark.

3 results