Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
The view isn't displaying correctly

Shen Zhang's profile picture

13 January 2010, 17:14

Hi,

I have just managed to install Mahara a few weeks ago and now is having a play with creating the views. It doesn't seem to display correctly in IE 7. Please click here to see a screenshot that I took when it's displayed in IE 7.It works alright in Firefox 3 though. Any idea whether this is a compatibility bug with IE or whether I haven't set the system correctly.Thanks.

Shen

14 January 2010, 16:32

I am using Mahara 1.2.0 (got from mahara.org) on Lampp 1.7.2. The white background under the view blocks seems all gone missing. I haven't done any changes to the theme yet at this stage. Anyone has come across this kind of strange view display after a fresh installation? Thanks for anyone's assistance!
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 January 2010, 17:16

I think that problem was fixed with this patch:

http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/commit/1e055f8e7e17abc57074a019b94761a4dadb23ae

Could you try upgrading to 1.2.2 and see if the problem is still there?

14 January 2010, 18:55

Thanks for your prompt reply, Richard. I will try the upgrading and see whether the problem goes away.

The other thing related to the view display is that I couldn't find a way of adding the top frame to the display layout, like what the porfile view looks like. Any advice on this?

18 January 2010, 18:07

I've done the upgrade. The problem does go away. Thanks Richard.

Is there anywhere that I can change the settings for the view display? I would like to have a default system wide setting for the view display that attaches with the top frame. Click the link here to see the current view display v.s. the preferred view display. Any idea whether it's possible? If so, where are the settings hiding? It's not very straight forward and I just couldn't find them.

Thanks,

Shen

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 January 2010, 1:26

Hi Shen,

There is currently no admin setting to change this, although I am planning to add one soon.

You can probably achieve what you want if you are willing to change the theme -- I would try editing the file htdocs/theme/raw/templates/view/view.tpl.

First change the line at the top that says

{include file="viewmicroheader.tpl"}

to

{include file="header.tpl"}

and then change the line at the bottom that says

{include file="microfooter.tpl"}

to 

{include file="footer.tpl"}

If you want to do this without editing any core files, you can make a new theme with a parent of 'raw', and override just the /view/view.tpl template, without changing any of the other templates.

19 January 2010, 18:48

Thanks Richard for your great help. I've managed to get the view display changed. Developing our own theme is something I'm planning to do the next for the hosted Mahara. It's a good starting point  :)

A post by Account deleted was deleted

8 results