Forums | Mahara Community

News /
Mahara 1.1.0beta3 Released

This topic is closed. Only moderators and the group administrators can post new replies.
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 January 2009, 23:47

The next beta of 1.1 is out. There's quite a big list of changes from 1.1 beta 2 - read the release notes for a summary.

There's a few more bugs to fix and then we will move into the release candidate stage. All testing is welcome!

By the way - there is no expectation that you should be able to upgrade from a previous beta to this one. As always, if you wish to test upgrading, try on a copy of a 1.0 installation.

Account deleted

21 January 2009, 11:21

Hi Nigel,

I know you swore you would not issue another release date after the last ones slipped... but how about a "best guess" as to when you "tentatively think" the stable release of 1.1.0 "might just" be available? :-D
Account deleted

21 January 2009, 20:37

Heh.. I know lots of people are asking.. so here's an update of where we're at.

Currently, there is a few bugs that definitely need to be fixed before 1.1 is released, and also we need to test the upgrade path from 1.0 to 1.1. In itself, this work is maybe a couple of solid weeks of work, which actually isn't that much. The trouble is though, it's only me working on Mahara at the moment, and good parts of my time are take up with things like the forums, various work on Import/Export and the many e-mails I get every day. So things are going as fast as they can, it's just that this speed isn't very fast with just one person Wink

Nevertheless, I'm doing what I can, and am trying to arrange to have some of my workload removed so I can spend more time on Mahara. There's been some good news on this front recently so hopefully things will begin to improve.

So as of now... my best estimate is... maybe some time in February? Mid to late Feb? Something like that. Please don't write it down in your diaries! Tongue out

If you're wondering "what can I do to help", the answer is to test 1.1 to find bugs, and especially test upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1 and see what problems you run into. Please do this on copies of your sites of course, but the bigger your site is the better! The more data you have, the more likely you will test the upgrade process properly.

So in summary: some time quite soon, but don't depend on it Wink

Account deleted

22 January 2009, 5:18

Eeeehhh, Nigel!! Thank you for your work!! And don´t worry, I´m sure that all of us can wait a little bit more for 1.1Wink

Account deleted

26 January 2009, 20:10

I just went through the tracker and adjusted the priorities like so:

• The priority 5 bugs need to be fixed before we can release 1.1
  • The priority 4 bugs are scheduled to be fixed in point releases of 1.1

The others will be fixed over time. Quite a few of them will be fixed with planned reworkings of parts of Mahara.

So you can follow the tracker to see how close we are to the release Smile

5 results