Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara on Windows

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 May 2009, 6:18

New information:

I tried with apache and it installed correctly, then i switch to iis and run almost perfect.

So i think is a problem with the installer.

I will try again to install it with iis directly

Account deleted

27 May 2009, 7:05

I think i found the problem.. but not the solution.

Maybe the problem is that Json  is not working properly, when i try to validate it gives me a 405 resource not allowed, when i try to change the language the same...

I tried to register json mime type but with no luck.

Any advice?

Account deleted

28 May 2009, 1:27

Hi - IIS is not a supported web server for Mahara, so I'm afraid I don't have any advice - probably someone like Iñaki would know, or maybe someone else in the community with Windows experience.
Account deleted

28 May 2009, 3:21

Yes, i know iis is not supported but i want to install it in iis because we have a moodle install on it.

I write my discoveries so the people could use it.

I finally could install mahara on iis, you need to use isapi dll, nor cgi or fastcgi.

With cgi dont install at all, with fastcgi gives an error.

I still not resolved the problem with json calls, but if you put the name of the php file (index.php), you could validate and use the application.

Account deleted

29 May 2009, 2:57

I discovered the problem!

It's because with IIS 5.1 and lower doesn´t allow the post method to paths without file so  it shows a 405 error.

So when you try to validate there is no file in the url path.

Ourt test server is based on IIS 5.1 so in our case whe changed the action to point to index.php solved, at least for the test server, our problem.

25 results