Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara on Windows

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 January 2009, 20:57

Steve - your problem might be related to the issue that Iñaki found while trying to install Mahara on IIS. You could try grabbing this patch, applying it and see if it fixes the problem for you?
Account deleted

14 May 2009, 23:03

Hi Nigel, am trying Mahara 1.1 on IIS and I have got as far as starting the web based installer.

However when I click on the "I Agree" button on the first page I get the page shown below, which makes no sense to me. Scripting is enabled in my IE browser. Any idea what this means and what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Mahara ErrorMahara Javascript Error

Account deleted

15 May 2009, 0:17

Hi. That looks like maybe a javascript error occured that caused the javascript on that page to not be executed? Not sure if it's related to Windows or IIS.

You can try using a javascript debugger to find the problem I guess. But I know that it should work fine in all major browsers.

Account deleted

15 May 2009, 1:08

Hi Nigel, thanks for your reply.

I've attached the "Error Console" page in Firefox and am looking for some suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

error2

Account deleted

15 May 2009, 20:14

That is most strange. That suggests that the mochikit library hasn't been loaded. Can you check if the mochikit library has made it to the server (it lives in js/MochiKit), and if it can be visited in your browser etc.?
Account deleted

18 May 2009, 20:29

Thanks Nigel. I've got the javascript prob fixed - few files found missing in 'js' folder. :(

But now, I've another problem 'failed to upgrade'. I've attached two screen shots and would appreciate your advice.Thanks in advance.

Failed to Upgrade

mysql

Account deleted

18 May 2009, 21:05

It would be worth dropping and re-creating your database, then trying again.

If that doesn't work, you might need to poke around in the apache error log and see if Mahara has left a helpful message there.

Account deleted

20 May 2009, 21:51

Thank you for all your replies. All working now. 

Account deleted

07 January 2009, 20:06

Has anyone tried to run mahara on cygwin (for those who don't know: cygwin is an effort to map a unix like environment to windows. For quite a long time it has been the only way to tun apache on windows. You get a dll mapping the basic things (system calls, path names, slashes/backslashes...) and a meanwhile very complete linux-alike environment)?

Beate

Account deleted

25 May 2009, 2:15

Hello,

I am trying to install mahara on iis with no result.

I get to the page with the "I agree" button, but when i click on it the page shows the modules to install, and the loading message loads indefinitely. The versions i tried were 1.1 and 1.1.3.

I tried with both postgresql 8.3 and mysql 5.1. With mysql it creates many structure tables,  with postgresql aparently do nothing.

Is there somenthing i need to change in the source code?.

Thanks