Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding new fields to profile (e.g. spoken languages + level)

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

09 February 2010, 8:32

Currently I have no idea, how to overcome the Chrome issue.

Regarding the export of data to a file. It would be very helpful, if you could open the page, view etc. that is causing the problems and the copy-paste the results of apache error log.

Any screenshots or something similar would also be most welcome.

I also can not see the view at address http://phuketict.com/epo/view/blocks.php?id=8, since I don't have username and password.

When I wanted to create an account for me, I could not finnish the registration. Could you please create an account for me and send me the details ([email protected]).

Regards, Gregor

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 February 2010, 13:09

Hi Gregor  yeah I updated today to 1 .2.3 and it is BUGGY

PhuketICT - EPO - The ePortfolio of ICT Innovation Paradise: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

=========================

That is what it says by himself! Strange and not really funny if a system tells you that it might be bugy just after a maintenance and bugfix release. I guess I need to switch back 

Andi 

Account deleted

09 February 2010, 16:32

Hi Andi,

Could you send us the messages from your apache error log the next time you get that message?  Hopefully that'll help us to fix it.

R.

Account deleted

09 February 2010, 21:01

Hi I simply repeated the procedure again Richard

Here is the info

You create a new user with Register below the login Box - OR in the Admin Add User - Same result in errors.

You have successfully registered. Please check your e-mail account for instructions on how to activate your account 

You receive your Mail and click on the Maillink and >>> ERROR:

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

No pore login is possible for NEW users as they can't verify renew their passwords.

I have send you a message with the log entries

Andi 

Account deleted

09 February 2010, 22:05

Thanks Andi, I looked at the logs and sent you a reply in a personal message.  I think your database has somehow got out of whack -- it looks like it's trying to create new user records with ids that already exist in your user table.

10 February 2010, 3:43

I've done some more tests today and discovered, that the Chrome "thing" is not caused by my plugin - it is a Mahara bug.

I've installed new, celan installation of Mahara 1.2.3, then created two entries to Education History and two entries to Employment History (nothing else, nowhere on the site).
The tab My Resume shows both entries in Employment and in Education History in IE and in FireFox. Nothing is shown in Chrome - I have to manually press F5 to refresh the page and then, all entries are shown.

03 February 2010, 5:44

The languages are from the list that Europass used - basically it is ISO 639-1 (= languages which have 2-letter code)

I don't know, if thai, bahasa, lao, khmer and others have 2-letter codes. Otherwise I'll change this to 3-letter code, which will mean more work for translators ;-)

Account deleted

14 February 2010, 10:22

Hi Gregor

Meanwhile we did some more testing and here the results. 

When creating a View for Europass complete Resume we get only this: http://goo.gl/44si

The Language Pass does not fit in 2 columns and is to small from layout for 3 columns it would be nice if this would fit at least into 2 columns or would be more flexible http://goo.gl/qeCL

The Printing Export isn't working like supposed here in non of our browsers. We only get an output like the one of the website mentioned above.

It would be nice if the separate fields which are new in Europass could be also chosen by a view i.e. Technical skills and so on, as well as those driver license parts.

All the rest is working fine and very good now since we updated to PHP 5.3.1

Thanks for your great work and good idea to bring Europass into Mahara

Andi 

15 February 2010, 10:28

Sorry Andi, but I can't see the screenshots...

As of the Language Pass width - I've used the table layout from Europass, which is fixed width - so please use 1 column view. If I could saw the screenshots...

Do you mean, to create a blocktype for shills and competences, drivinglicences and so on... I will consider it.

I've also add the support for all the languages from ISO 639-1 standard, not just the ones, filtered by Europass.

It will be in Eruopass RC2 plugin (in one or two weeks)

Regards, Gregor

Account deleted

15 February 2010, 11:45

Hi Gregor

It is strange as even I made the views public available they don't dhow up, while others do show up.

Behind those URLs is the real site and now screenshot. It should show the Europass public Views, but it does not. You could register and have a look by yourself.

Andi