Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding new fields to profile (e.g. spoken languages + level)

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

03 February 2010, 5:47

@Michael:

I didn't solve that problem. The plugin generates Europass XML, then sends it to Europass web service, which generates whatever file the user chooses (PDF, DOC, ODT, HTML or XML).

A German translation will also be included, but if will be about 90% completed (the official german translations of Europass strings). This means, you'll have to translate or check translations of remaining 10% of the strings...

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 February 2010, 0:15

Thanks Gregor for thisPlugin. It works so far very smoothly but unfortunately languages are missing - especially south east asian! Could you please add them!

thai

bahasa 

lao

khmer

also it seems that all india and most arab languages are missing! 

Thanks a lot Andi 

Thanks a lot 

Account deleted

03 February 2010, 4:04

Hi Gregor

we did some more testing and are getting error messages.

We tried to create a new View by inserting the Curriculum Vitae View but afterwards the icon is only rotating and getting grey . Nothing gets inserted finally which than causes the error Message at  the next click.

As soon as you go to edit this view it is hanging itself up

http://.../epo/view/blocks.php?id=8 

Fatal error: Class 'XSLTProcessor' not found in /home/abc/domains/.../public_html/epo/artefact/europass/blocktype/europasscv/lib.php on line 63 

Any ideas how to slove the problem are very appreciated.

Andi 

03 February 2010, 5:40

I'll look into it...

Could you please tell me which language (= locale) are you using. And also which OS, web server and database are you using?

Account deleted

03 February 2010, 8:40

Debian Linux 5.0 Lenny Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 on x86_64

Apache version 2.2.9

MySQL version 5.0.51

04 February 2010, 9:02

As I was using Google to try to find some answers to the problem, I stumbled upon a piece of information that says (source: http://flex.sys-con.com/node/200299?page=0,3):

"As of PHP 5.0, libxml and libxslt libraries, and DOM extension are built in the PHP installation. The XSLT extension is also included by default, but may be disabled in your particular server configuration."

So please create a php file (e.g. info.php) which includes tha following line:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Upload it to some folder to your server (e.g. your www root directory) and then call that file from your web browser (e.g. http://localhost/info.php).

The file should produce all the information about your web server, etc.

See the sections xml and xsl if xml and xslt support is enabled. (see the screenshots below)

xml section of phpinfo()

xsl section of phpinfo()

If your xsl support is disabled, you can enable it by following these steps at the webpage http://flex.sys-con.com/node/200299?page=0,3. There are instructions to enable the XSLT extensionon Windows, Linux or Mac OS X.

Hope that solves your problem. Please, let me know.

G

Account deleted

06 February 2010, 10:44

Hi Gregor

This is what shows my PHP 5.3.1 now but still not working

XSL is installed like shown in your image.

Export Europass is only exporting empty documents and the docs can't be read by word 2007 or the newest PDF Reader hmm.

On Profile My resume
the  it shows lot of table render oroblems when switching from another Tab. That is perhaps why the records don't show up in employment history and all thses others.

A Page reload brings away those errors. The same happens when switching from My Resume to Europass. After Page reload the language settings show up. Switching back to My Resume the same problem again.

I am using newest Chrome!

09 February 2010, 2:58

Maybe it is the Chrome browser. I'll check this ASAP.

Could you send the screenshot of those errors or re-type the messages?

09 February 2010, 3:15

It definitely is a Chrome "thing". When I switch between the tabs, I can see Employment and Education History in Europass and My Resume tabs - when using FireFox or IE, but not in Chrome.

I'll try to find the problem...

Account deleted

09 February 2010, 5:39

Thanks Gregor 

We are meanwhile testing (start tomorrow) and hope we will get some students to sign up.

But the exportfile is in all browsers wrong.

Thanks for helping

Andi