Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Institutions

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 December 2009, 19:34

Hello,

I made a post before about removing institutions and we decided not to. Instead we want to change institutions to company. We like the idea od companies joining our site for our project. We know we have to change some language and files but, do we have to change anything in the database? So far it seems simple to rename but, would we run into any issues? We're really customizing this software to fit our needs. It seems like it's being developed more into a CMS than anything else. However this software fits what we're aiming to do. Any help is appreciated.

Account deleted

20 December 2009, 18:21

I can't think of any obvious problems off the top of my head, it seems like a simple matter of changing strings.  But I can't promise you won't run into any issues -- for one thing you will need to think about what to do with the concepts of requesting institution membership, and inviting users to join institutions.
Account deleted

21 December 2009, 20:30

Okay, I have only one question concerning renaming strings. When you allow users to register for a institution on the registration page, in the drop down menu it list the institutions. At the top it will say No Institutions. I renamed it in the mahara.php in the language files but, still shows up as No Institution. Is there another reference somewhere? 

Also I am not sure what you mean below about requesting and joining institutions. We just changed the strings to refer to Company/Companies instead of institutions. 

"But I can't promise you won't run into any issues -- for one thing you will need to think about what to do with the concepts of requesting institution membership, and inviting users to join institutions."

Account deleted

21 December 2009, 21:22

I think that string is only used during installation, and after that it is stored in the database. However, "No Institution" should be listed in the admin area under institutions, and if you edit the "No institution" institution you can change its name.
4 results