Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Disk quota

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 December 2009, 9:16

Hi

We are fairly new to Mahara. We have version 1.1.3 installed on a test box and are trying a pilot with a group of students. We are using LDAP authentication which is allowing students to log in but they get a 0 disk quota even though the default quota is set to 50 metabytes. Help please!

Thanks
Barbara

Account deleted

17 December 2009, 21:27

That's pretty strange behaviour and I'm not sure why it would be happening.  Is is only users who are created by the LDAP plugin who get the zero quota, or is it everyone?
Account deleted

23 December 2009, 6:03

Hi Richard

It's just the users created by the LDAP plugin, others get the default 50Mb quota.

Thanks

Account deleted

23 December 2009, 19:20

I just ran into this problem myself while testing using the "None" authentication plugin.  I've applied a fix and it will be in the next release.

If you need it urgently the patch is here:

http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/commit/da019dff38e04e4b556f9c0f702fca5e04873cf6.patch

Account deleted

04 January 2010, 7:18

Many thanks for this.

Happy New Year

Barbara

Account deleted

20 January 2010, 5:35

@Richard - thanks for your help so far with this issue.

I need to ask newbie question now: how do we install your patch? I've been unable to find anything to explain this.

It might also be helpful if I explain that our installation is on Windows Server 2003 running Apache 2.0.63, MySQL 5.1.37 and PHP 5.2.10. I've seen other comments in the forum indicating that a Windows installation has been problematic for some sites, but this hasn't been the case for us (until now, at least!).

One other question directly related to this issue: is the same problem likely to exist in 1.2.2? This might be an alternative direction for us if we can't successfully apply the patch to 1.1. We haven't tried  to install 1.2 yet.

Thanks! 

Account deleted

20 January 2010, 21:28

Hi Chris,

Patches can be applied with the 'patch' program.  It's available on all unix systems, and I'm sure you'll be able to find a version of it for Windows too.

That particular fix is on the 1.2 series, but was applied after the 1.2.2 release. It will be in the 1.2.3 release.  Alternatively you can always download the most recent state of the 1.2 series (which includes the fix) as a tarball from here:

http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/archive-tarball/1.2_STABLE

and upgrade your site to that.  You should test the upgrade (with a copy of your database and mahara dataroot folder) before applying it to your production site though.

Account deleted

27 January 2010, 5:46

Thanks for the solution. It worked out for me.

I applied the changes without the patch program by manually adding the "+" lines to the two files. Worked fine, too!

8 results