Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Changing The Menu Bar By User Type

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 December 2009, 16:00

I do have the Moodle/Mahara integration working. However, students will doing the majority of their work in Moodle and use Mahara as portfolio presentation piece.

When a student Moodle user, enters Mahara, they see many of the same menu options as I do as Mahara admin.

I am using this at middle school and high school so they don't need to see groups or settings. They set their profile in Moodle so there is no need to have profile, either. If I could, I'd like students to see something like the picture below where Home links back to Moodle

New Mahara Menu?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Account deleted

14 July 2010, 19:52

Did you ever get an answer to this question?  I am having the same issue now.

Thanks,

[email protected]

Account deleted

14 July 2010, 21:08

The best way to customise the menu is by creating the file local/lib.php in your Mahara installation and defining the function 'local_main_nav_update'.  This function gets called on every page just after the menu definition is loaded, and just before the page is displayed.

If you call "log_debug($menu)" inside that function, and look at the apache log when loading a page, you'll see the structure of the array that gets passed through to the function (it's defined by the main_nav function in lib/web.php) and you should be able to work out how to modify it to meet your needs.

3 results