Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
wwwroot change

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 January 2009, 6:15

I finally had Moodle-Mahara integration working (it is easier when you finally realise that both servers need to be accurately synchronised).

Now, I need to change the FQDN of the Mahara server from mahara1.domain.net to portfolio.domain.net. So I modified the wwwroot in config.php to reflect that. But the SSL key is not accepted anymore by Moodle because it was generated for mahara1.domain.net.

How can I make Mahara regenerate the SSL key for the new FQDN?

Account deleted

06 January 2009, 6:26

I also had this problem when I first set Mahara up. As I had barely done anything on Mahara, I wiped the database, reinstalled mahara and started again from the beginning. This got me sorted. Otherwise you need to wait until the key expires.

Now I've set the key to expire after 365 days, it would be nice to be able to release the key when I want. Any chance this will be in a future version?

Account deleted

06 January 2009, 6:39

Thank you for your reply, Phil. I think I found a way: I set 'openssl_keypair_expires' to 0 in the 'config' table in MySQL. Then I visited the Networking configuration page and it recreated a new key. Or I assume it did, because Moodle doesn't complain anymore and I can roam from Moodle to Mahara as before.

It would indeed be nice to have that feature in the interface.

Thanks for your help.

Account deleted

06 January 2009, 12:28

Good hack, wish I'd thought of that.
Account deleted

07 January 2009, 18:00

Indeed, that's the way to do it.

Keys are issued for hostnames, so if your hostname changes you have to change the key too.

Moodle has a button for deleting the current key which might be handy to add.. also perhaps the networking page should alert people if the current key isn't for their hostname.

5 results