Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding images into site pages

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 December 2009, 10:13

Hi, I'm new, and the first thing I try to do is to give a message to unlogged users, and to build a good home page for logged ones.

Trying to modify the site pages, I cannot understand where I have to upload images before I can use in this editor:  I tryed to upload them into public and private files, or into my own files, but never I have them disposable in editing the home pages.

Thank you in advance for help!

Account deleted

17 December 2009, 22:17

There are ways to do this, but unfortunately not easily from inside the editor.

One way is to go to Site Files and upload an image there inside the public folder.  Once it's uploaded, click on the file name, you should be taken to the image in a new tab.  You can then copy the url of that image from the location bar of your browser, and use that url in the form that pops up when you click the 'insert image' button in the page editor.

Account deleted

06 January 2010, 12:37

Since there didn't seem to be an internal way to do this, I created an images directory at my root and put the home page images there (that way I can also share similar images between different packages). It is then pretty easy to link to those images with an absolute url.
3 results