Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Moodle Integration

03 December 2009, 20:39

Do I have to observe a procedure to rip out the old plugin before replacing ?  It's late at nite here (and that may explain it) but it didn't see any "de-install" in the extension admin interface.

So what I did was:

• disable the outcome plugin
  • kill the artefact plugin directory
  • replace it by your new one

Result:

• No visible "outcome" TAB anymore
  • Apache log errors (below) 

[Fri Dec 04 01:24:25 2009] [error] [client 90.4.49.66] [WAR] 76 (lib/mahara.php:944) File /export/data/portails/tecfalabs/mahara/artefact/outcome/lib.php did not exist, referer: http://tecfalabs.unige.ch/mahara/artefact/file/sitefiles.php
[Fri Dec 04 01:24:25 2009] [error] [client 90.4.49.66] Call stack (most recent first):, referer: http://tecfalabs.unige.ch/mahara/artefact/file/sitefiles.php
[Fri Dec 04 01:24:25 2009] [error] [client 90.4.49.66]   * safe_require("artefact", "outcome") at /export/data/portails/tecfalabs/mahara/admin/extensions/plugins.php:58, referer: http://tecfalabs.unige.ch/mahara/artefact/file/sitefiles.php
[Fri Dec 04 01:24:25 2009] [error] [client 90.4.49.66] , referer: http://tecfalabs.unige.ch/mahara/artefact/file/sitefiles.php

Got an idea ? E.g. what I should do to install your new tar ball properly ? or is this some bothersome php security on our side ?

thanx if you have a quick idea, else i'll try to read the mahara docs :) .... off to sleep

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 December 2009, 21:21

If there's no artefact/outcome/lib.php file in your mahara install then I guess you might have untarred the tarball in the wrong place.

With the newer code, the Outcome tab won't appear for users who don't have any outcomes stored in Mahara yet, so it's more important to get the Moodle side working first.

By the way, the Outcomes artefact plugin isn't really necessary to get this feature going at all.  It was a requirement of the client that funded this work, but we were reluctant to include it in Mahara, because Mahara is not an application that is intended to be used for assessment purposes.

All you gain from the outcomes plugin is the ability for users to look at the outcomes that were attached to their views when they were graded in Moodle.

Account deleted

07 December 2009, 5:52

I cannot uninstall this outcomes block. I wish to reinstall the new updated version so that it works correctly.

I tried copying over the old one with the new one.

As a test i then created a porfolio task, i marked it for a student, and no outcomes are listed for them

Account deleted

07 December 2009, 16:51

The safest way is to completely remove the old one before copying the new one in.  Copying the new one over the top may cause problems because the old one had some files in the default theme which will still be there.  But you could just try removing the artefact/outcome/theme/default folder completely and see how that goes.

Account deleted

10 December 2009, 5:49

Everytime i try and "delete" the outcomes folder my mahara installation dies.

I am also unable to get into the plugins page when the folder has been deleted.

Putting  a new version of the outcomes folder back restores functionality, but outcomes haas now disappered from the students view, and i cannot see any configuration options for it under plugins even though the plugin seems installed.

I have created a "mahara" portfolio task for students in moodle

I have marked this task for some students, but no outcomes appear for that student if i login into mahara as them.

Account deleted

10 December 2009, 17:15

Unfortunately Mahara doesn't provide a way to completely uninstall plugins from the database yet, so when you delete the outcomes folder, Mahara is still looking for it because it has a record in the artefact_installed table for 'outcome'. If you really wanted to uninstall it completely, you would need to go to the database and remove the artefact_outcome_viewoutcomes table and the appropriate records in artefact_installed and artefact_installed_type.

But that's not the problem with your install anyway -- when you mark the task in Moodle it should be attaching outcomes in Mahara to the submitted view.  I'm not sure why this is not happening.  All I can think of at the moment is that a recent change in Moodle may be preventing this from occurring.  I'll try it out with the latest Moodle 1.9 when I get some time next week.

Account deleted

14 February 2010, 23:57

Hi Richard

do I need to patch the tarballs on the wiki or are they now working without patching the stuff. I also realized that the look in Moodle seems to have changed so that paths and images aren't correct anymore in the description.

Thanks Andi 

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

03 April 2010, 10:22

They were not working for us the other day.
Account deleted

20 April 2010, 1:16

And still not working.  This is a shame! Cry

29 results