Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Moodle Integration

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 November 2009, 7:48

I have tried to install the Mahara-Moodle submit plugin as per the instructions on

http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator's_Guide/Moodle%2f%2fMahara_Integration/View_Submission

I believe i have patched correctly admin/mnet etc.

I am pretty sure i have installed the correct files into the correct folders, but when i run the moodle admin script i  get

Tried to modify database, but "/var/www/moodle/mod/mahara/db/mysql.sql" doesn't exist!

so therefore  mahara tables could NOT be set up successfully!

Tried to modify database, but "/var/www/moodle/mod/mahara/db/mysql.sql" doesn't exist

Any suggestions.

Account deleted

27 November 2009, 16:48

Just in case i didn't make it clear after reading other threads, Moodle and Mahoodle do actually SSO with each other, its just this SQL error i'm having issue with

Account deleted

29 November 2009, 22:03

it looks like you've "installed" mahara in the mod directory of your Moodle install - Moodle handles the Mod folder in a "special" way (as many other folders inside moodle) it expects each folder inside the mod folder to be a "Moodle Module" - you should move the mahara directory into one of the following locations instead:
"/var/www/moodle/mahara/" or
 "/var/www/mahara/"

- unless that mahara directory is just an extra one you copied accross and isn't your actual mahara installation - in that case, you shoudl delete the "mahara" folder inside the "mod" directory and the error should go away!

Account deleted

30 November 2009, 3:37

mahara is installed in /var/www/moodle/mahara

the stuff in the mod folder was the mahara portfolio/assignment plugin from the wiki link above.

I'll try and remove it, but if i wanted the plugin i don't see how removing it will help.

30 November 2009, 10:38

I can confirm, got the same problem as Martin.

See my listing of the tar ball in a comment in http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Moodle%2F%2FMahara_Integration/View_Submission

Moodle wants this mysql.sql file and it's not there ....

Account deleted

30 November 2009, 10:39

After looking at the wiki thread above it could just be a dodgy tarball

Does anyone have an alternative link for the tarball's

Account deleted

30 November 2009, 16:08

heh - I should have read your post a bit better! - you're right - those tarballs look a bit dodgy - I'll check that out and someone will post here with an update! - thanks!
Account deleted

30 November 2009, 17:26

Oops yes I probably only tested this with postgres.  It might just be a matter of renaming the file

mod/mahara/db/mysql.php

to

mod/mahara/db/mysql.sql

Account deleted

30 November 2009, 18:30

I successfully installed this on mysql after renaming the (zero-length) mysql.php to mysql.sql, so I've now updated the wiki to point to a new tarball.

[And yes, it is horribly hacky to use zero-length mysql.sql, postgres7.sql files there instead of the install.xml and upgrade.php.  However, Moodle currently complains if you use an install.xml file without creating any db tables in it (and this module doesn't need tables), so I hope this is just a temporary measure.]

Account deleted

01 December 2009, 7:09

I have fixed that file, and it all seems to work, apart from the outcomes link. i am sure that i installed in correctly in the artefact folder, but i get "  xxxx: site unavailable"

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably mean you have encountered a bug in the system.

29 results