Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Cron Job in Windows

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 November 2009, 7:39

Am I right in thinking that if I enter www.mysite.com/lib/cron.php the cron job should run? Currently I just get a blank white page.

Has anyone got the cron job to run successfully in Windows?

My application log generate this;

The description for Event ID 2 from source PHP-5.2.10 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

php[2496]
[DBG] 75 (D:\inetpub\mahara\lib\cron.php:70) ---------- cron running Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:37:38 +0000 ---------- 

Nathan 

Windows 2008 - MySQL - PHP 5.2.10 - IIS7 - Mahara 1.2

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 13:30

Hi Nathan,

The page is indeed empty, even if the cronjob has run succesfully.   Are you actually seeing any problems with your Mahara installation that indicate that cron is not properly running? Or was it just the white page that worried you?

I don't know what that error message means unfortunately, but the "cron running" line looks normal to me.

Cron is not really supposed to be run through the webserver though - if you can find a way to run it with the windows scheduler that would be preferable.

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 20:08

that stuff in the applog is pretty typical when php writes to it - windows sees the data but doesn't "know" what it is trying to report, so gives that helpful statement at the start! :-)

There's some good docs on the moodle wiki to explain how to set up cron on Windows - check it out here:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Cron#Managing_Cron_on_Windows_systems

Account deleted

30 November 2009, 11:49

Thanks for the responses.

I know the cron isn't working correctly because I don't get emails from forums.

I have tried running a scheduled task as i do with Moodle and it still fails.

Account deleted

13 January 2010, 6:59

I have managed to get Mahara to send out emails but still not from forums. If I fill in the contact us form at the bottom of my page I receive an email within a couple of minutes.

My forums are set to post out after 30 mins but they have failed to do so. I have checked the mysql interaction_forum_post table relevant to forum posts and after the 30mins the “sent” entry changes from 0 to 1.

One thing I have noticed is that my forums don't have the day/date/time stamp above the users avatar within forum posts.  

Does anybody have any suggestions?  

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 15:42

Hi,

That's definitely a problem with cron.  Have you tried running cron manually? I think you can run it by hitting it in your web browser (although that's certainly not the recommended way to do it ;) )

Account deleted

06 June 2011, 0:19

Hi,

On My side this things is working fine..but i can see this in My Admin Panel

Mahara version: 1.3.6

Cron: Cron is not running.

I dont know whats wrong...

Also i am Not be able to Make My Views Publicly...

While Doing Public TO Date is Not Saving in My Database...

Saves as wrong entry..

For eg..

if i select 8th June 2011 then it saves year as 2019

Please Help..

Thanks

Abdullah

7 results