Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem adding blocks to views in IE7

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 November 2009, 10:49

Hi,

We're having problems adding blocks to views using IE7 with Mahara v1.2. For the user, it works fine in Chrome.

The logs are producing this:

http://pastebin.com/m37226dda

And it looks like this for the user:

http://learninglab.lincoln.ac.uk/random/maharashot.png

Is this a known problem? All advice much appreciated. We're running Mahara on RHEL with PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Feb 26 2009 07:01:12)

Thank you
Joss
Account deleted

25 November 2009, 9:36

Hi,

This is becoming an urgent problem for us. Although someone here might not have a quick answer, can anyone duplicate the problem? 

Does the default theme running on v1.2 cause problems for you when using IE7 in this way?

Thank you for your time.
Joss
Account deleted

25 November 2009, 15:59

The logs can probably be fixed by you installing the multibyte extension for PHP. Those errors look unrelated to your screenshot.

I just tried on IE7 and have been unable to duplicate the problem you're seeing in the screenshot.  How many resume fields has that user filled out? I tried going to your Mahara but registration is disabled - if you create an account, maybe I can log in and have a quick look at your site.

Account deleted

30 November 2009, 8:55

Hi Nigel,

We've got php-mbstring installed using the default settings. Authentication is via LDAP. I can set you up with an account but I think you may have left already to do other work now?

The user, in this case, has not filled out any resume fields. 

If you are still able to help, please email me at jwinn AT lincoln DOT ac DOT uk and I'll set you up with an account.

Thank you
Joss
Account deleted

02 December 2009, 1:19

Hi Joss,

Does this happen with all users and all block types or is it just the resume field block type?

We had a similar screenshot in another bug report recently and it was only happening for one user -- we never got to the bottom of it unfortunately.

I still haven't reproduced the problem but if you have time to try it out I'd be especially interested to know if this patch makes any difference:

http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/commit/464490363dedecd9d274cc13feefb19b1ee1cbd5

R.

Account deleted

02 December 2009, 5:29

Hi Richard,

Your patch stops all the errors from appearing in my logs :-)

... but doesn't fix the user-side problem with the block.

The fault is with the single resume block, the profile info block and the contact info block but no others.

Cheers
Account deleted
Account deleted

28 January 2010, 7:25

This issue appears to have been resolved with the latest upgrade. (Although my PC did need a reboot.)  We'll keep an eye on it but thanks to all who contributed.

8 results