Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
For Want Of An Appropriate Channel

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 November 2009, 17:01

An idea.

Not a roadmap contribution and not specifically a feature request.

I have an idea for a project that I would like to make happen or at least help make happen.

Where would I put this or is there someone I should contact privately in the first instance? 

I have not found (although it doesn't mean it's not there) anything in the feature request tracker that comes close (so far). 

Account deleted

23 November 2009, 18:19

I guess it depends on whether your idea is secret or not Smile

If you don't mind others hearing about it, then right here in this thread is fine - then everyone can contribute.

If you only want to discuss it with the core developers, then e-mailing [email protected] is the way to go.

If you think it's commercial/secret and want to discuss it with a professional, then talking to a Mahara partner is the way to go.

Account deleted

23 November 2009, 18:33

Cheers..

No big secret, just didn't want to go on and have it removed at such an early and potentially ego bruising stage Undecided.

Have written a blog post about it..

http://garyday.edublogs.org/2009/11/23/mahara-mobile-scrapbook/

(Yes I should and will put all this sort of thing in my Views here)

Any input is good but would appreciate anything negative to be delivered with tact and diplomacy Wink

Account deleted

23 November 2009, 19:18

I've given this a new forum post with a somewhat more fitting heading.

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1263

More than happy if you want to remove this thread. 

Account deleted

23 November 2009, 19:38

I love the idea and agree the evolution for eportfolios in the workplace space is a strong trend. Very interested, always comes back to how to fund the work?

cheers
Richard

Account deleted

23 November 2009, 19:46

Sure, funding always an issue.
We are as a dept. keeping our ears to the ground for funding related to portfolios, this kind of thing does come around in cycles here in the U.K and WBLs do seem to be a cause for research/concern.

Will keep this matter updated here and/or on my blog when something comes up as this is something I would like to see happen on both a professional and personal level. 

A post by Account deleted was deleted

7 results