Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
View Feedback Encoding Problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 November 2009, 12:08

Mahara 1.2.0, Windows Xp, XAMPP, MySQL 5.0.67

I'm from Bulgaria and we are using the cyriclic alphabet. Instead of text the emails with recieved feedback from a view are containing crazy characters. The situation is the same in the Notification section.

Any idea how to fix the issue?

Account deleted

22 November 2009, 16:52

A few questions:

1. Are you using a language pack? If so, which one and how was it created?
  2. What language was the feedback given in? Can you paste an example of one of these feedbacks?
  3. Could you grab a screenshot or two?
  4. What encoding is your database using? It should be UTF8, especially if you just installed your Mahara. But if you upgraded, it might be still on a bad encoding. 

Account deleted

24 November 2009, 6:46

Here are my answers:

1. Are you using a language pack? If so, which one and how was it created?

No, I'm using the default language pack.

2. What language was the feedback given in? Can you paste an example of one of these feedbacks?

The feedback was given in Bulgarian. Here is an exmaple: "Обратна връзка на български език".

3. Could you grab a screenshot or two?

Yes - check this two here. It should be  "Обратна връзка на български език".

4. What encoding is your database using? It should be UTF8, especially if you just installed your Mahara. But if you upgraded, it might be still on a bad encoding.

It's new 1.2.0 install. The database is MySQL client version: 5.0.67 - table collation utf8_general_ci
Account deleted

24 November 2009, 22:55

Well I've managed to duplicate this bug, so it's not just your installation (thanks for that example text!). But sadly my system started playing up and I can't see UTF8 characters on the terminal now, which is making it too hard for me to track this bug down. I've opened a bug report for it instead, hopefully Richard or someone else can duplicate and fix the problem later.
4 results