Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
HTML Table


Dirk Meyer's profile picture
Posts: 425

16 November 2009, 1:17 PM

We are trying to present a list of learning outcomes to our students in a block. This block has 3 columns. We would like to have students check off individual outcomes as they go along, maybe leave a comment and then safe the block again. We are having problems to display a table that was generated in Dreamweaver in that mahara does not display the table. I did paste it into the block after clicking the HTML button in the WYSISYG. The block is blank. Version 1.1.6

 

+++UPDATE+++ It seems that the html editor works better in the 1.2 as the tables display correctly.

How can I fix the 1.1.6 as we dont want to update right now.?

===UPDATE=== I probably need to disable/enable certain html tags, question is where.

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 1643

16 November 2009, 5:16 PM

Dreamweaver tables? Ug, maybe the HTML filter gobbled them up Wink

It's really hard to say what might be wrong unless we can see the HTML, can you paste it somewhere and link to it here? (don't just paste into the forum as the html filter is active here too!). 

Dirk Meyer's profile picture
Posts: 425

16 November 2009, 6:44 PM

http://www.chestermereathletics.com/A+_Skills_Inventory_Template.htm I put it on an ahletics site since you might appreciate :)

 

Anyhow, the block is showing now with the code as it should and this is what I had to do: After pasting the code into the block, I had to do do something within the block (delete a character, add a character or whatever) and then save. If I just pasted, the hit 'save' then the block would be blank, even though it would show before saving. I had noticed that earlier, but never thought of it until now and I can definately reproduce the error. This is happening in IE, Safari and Firefox. Not a biggy but its happening for us. It expalins some empty blocks in some student's views...may have to go back and adjust their marks..:)

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 1643

17 November 2009, 6:49 PM

Hm, well I just tried on 1.1 stable and on 1.2, and it works fine for me in all circumstances. I'm using google chrome, which is basically safari with a different javascript engine. I wouldn't expect much difference though.. if anything the chrome javascript engine is likely to be more buggy as it's newer.

I guess the only thing for it is to be aware of the problem, and upgrade to 1.2 when you can Smile 

Dirk Meyer's profile picture
Posts: 425

17 November 2009, 10:25 PM

Thanks for looking at this :) although I should have known to just upgrade.

Decided to do the update to 1.2 and all is well.Thanks again!!

What turned out to be just a little project of myself and our mechanis teacher for our Careerr and Technology studies students, has grown to 150 users in less than 2 month and the school district will put over 10.000 users on mahara within the next few month. We are rolling out Moodle and Mahara is a full part of this. The sharing between the 2 is something else. Very coooool!

We are using the 'Sunset' theme and love it.

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 1643

18 November 2009, 6:50 PM

Cool Smile Nice to hear that Mahara is getting some serious usage now, I know we have some pretty big sites registered with mahara.org now.
6 results