Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Mahara 1.2 and translators

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 November 2009, 0:02

Hi guys,

With the release of 1.2, I'm sure you'll be keen to provide a language pack for your language Smile. So I thought I'd remind people of the process involved.

If you are using git, you need to create a new branch called 1.2_STABLE containing the language pack for Mahara 1.2. If you have been following our master branch, translating as you go (like Mits has for example), then you just need to create a new branch based off the master branch, push it to git.mahara.org and you're done. E.g.:

# switch to master
git checkout master 

# create new branch 1.2_STABLE from master
git checkout -b 1.2_STABLE

# push your new branch to git.mahara.org
git push origin 1.2_STABLE

Remember to keep translating on the correct branches - so if we change a string on 1.2_STABLE but not on master, you'll just want to do it on your 1.2_STABLE.

If you're using git and have NOT been following along, then your best course of action might be:

• Use the instructions above to create a new branch, 1.2_STABLE, from 1.1_STABLE
  • Translate all the strings you need to
  • Push that branch

If you have been sending language packs to [email protected], please continue to do that from time to time. If you tell us that it's for Mahara 1.2, we'll make the appropriate branch for you. 

If you need more help or instruction, please ask and we'll help out Smile 

16 November 2009, 8:01

Thanks Nigel for this info !

I've just created the 1.2_STABLE of fr.utf8 lang pack. Can you or someone else update the wiki lang page?

Cheers and again all the best for your new life ;-)

Account deleted

16 November 2009, 17:41

Thanks Nico - I've updated the wiki page for you, and also for Mits who has done the Japanese translation now Smile

16 November 2009, 18:36

Thank you! Laughing
Account deleted

18 November 2009, 13:58

Hello Nigel,

I have just created the 1,2_STABLE branch for the Spanish language repository and pushed the translated files. You can update the language packages page for us.

Let me know if everything is fine.

Thank you very much!

Account deleted

18 November 2009, 16:30

Looks good, I have updated the wiki page Cool

25 November 2009, 7:04

Salvatore De Paolis and I'll begin working to implement the Italian language pack

7 results