Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Public Feedback

Cynds's profile picture

14 November 2009, 2:47

I cant seem to get Public Feedback on my views. Searched everywhere but cant find it. Can anyone help me ????? please:
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

14 November 2009, 5:26

Hi,

only logged-in users can give feedback on views.

HTH Heinz 

Cynds's profile picture

14 November 2009, 20:15

Thanx Heinz

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 December 2009, 8:12

What about if you share a view with a "secret url", to allow non-registered users to access the view... shouldn't the non-registered user be allowed to leave feedback... if they are being invited to view?

19 December 2009, 10:04

Hi Tim,

the big advantage of mahara is the possibilty to  enhance all code with new extensions.

Your idead needs funding ;-) or a guy to write the code.

Heinz

Account deleted

20 December 2009, 18:06

Yes, this is supposed to be working already, since 1.1 I think.  Logged out users arriving at a view using the secret url can leave feedback, and they should get an extra field in the feedback form to enter their name.  If you can't see this feature in 1.2.2, please report a bug on our tracker!
steve P's profile picture

03 March 2010, 1:56

I can see the feature in 1.2.2, but after I click on the 'Place feedback' link then type in a name and message, then click the 'Place feedback' button, I get the message:

"You are not allowed to place feedback on this View "

Am I missing something?

03 March 2010, 3:39

Hi,

I see the same behavior. Checked the feature with a hidden URL.

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 12:24

Interestingly, the mahara.org site does allow this functionality.  Someone who is not logged in, but accesses a secret url view, can leave feedback.  There seems to be something wrong with my/our local installations.  I'll try to keep looking for what is causing the issue, but if anyone has advice, I'd love to hear it.

9 results