Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Sorry, could not log you in

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 November 2009, 4:39

I have 2 completely separate accounts on a shared host.  On one account I have Moodle and Mahara working together really well.  In the second account I have been unable to get the SSO working.  Moodle  and Mahara are working as they should be - independent of each other.  When I follow the Mahoodle instructions (I have repeated the process 4 or 5 times now, each time from scratch), I get the "Sorry, could not log you in" message from Mahara when I try to gain access through the Moodle site.   The url at this time (ie with the Mahara site on screen) is:

http://domainname/mahara/auth/xmlrpc/land.php?token=e0a67b23fc9756dd14e0a97b6aced83157e4048e&idp=http://www.domainname&wantsurl=

In the Mahara error log I get the message:

PHP Warning:  Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0

When I try to log out of the Moodle site, I get an "Internal Server Error" message.  The only way to resolve this is to hide the "Moodle Network Authentication" option within Moodle.

I am using Moodle 1.9.6 and Mahara 1.1.7.  I have removed the .htaccess file. 

I have double checked the setup between the 2 accounts I have but can't find anything different.

Any suggestions?

PS Good luck with your new venture, Nigel :-)

Account deleted

10 November 2009, 18:29

That error in the logs doesn't look like it would be causing any issues - it's just a warning and obviously your site is working fine without it. I would have expected to see some other message(s) in the Mahara log though.

If they're on the same shared host, you would expect all the software to be the same, so here's a question - do you get those warnings in the logs for your other mahoodle set up too? If not, there is some kind of difference between the two, whether it be that you're on a different machine or maybe that your configuration is a bit different. 

And thanks Smile 

Account deleted

10 November 2009, 20:06

Nigel

I am getting the same error messages on the site that is working.  I am still getting a problem with the Moodle Network authentication as it causes the Internal Server error when enabled?

Aidan

Account deleted

10 November 2009, 23:24

For the Moodle internal server error, you'll want to look in the moodle error log, or apache's main error log - though don't get too hopeful as Moodle isn't renown for providing useful messages by the logs unfortunately.

That advice aside, that's incredibly strange that enabling Moodle networking on Moodle is causing an internal server error - I've never seen that behaviour before. It's not like the networking code has or requires any special apache configuration. 

4 results