Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Unable to delete a rogue Group

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 November 2009, 2:32

Hi all

I'm the main administrator amongst a veritable army of about 10 of us, and I'm guessing that it's a case of too many cooks spoiling the Mahara brothe, but there seems to be a rogue Group that no one has created and now no one has any control over.

According to Mahara Find Groups Page, no one seems to have created the group, and all members of the group are all normal members; there isn't a single admin amongst them. Therefore, no one has the rights to delete the group, since apparently we're all only members.

All I want to do is to delete this rogue group that no one seems to own or have created themselves.

Does any one have any ideas...?

Thanks in advance! 

Account deleted

08 November 2009, 17:32

Heh - this can happen if someone deletes a user who is an admin for a group - group ownership doesn't get reassigned to anyone else (mainly because it's a bit hard to work out who should get it!).

There is a bug report open about this. I think we were thinking of a screen where admins could manage all groups, though to be honest it might make more sense if admins were allowed to simply delete any group they felt like.

For now, you'll have to do it in the database. This query will do it:

UPDATE "group" SET deleted = 1 WHERE id = [group id]; 

Account deleted

09 November 2009, 20:02

HAHA,fair enough. It was a case of too many cooks then.

Ok, thanks for your help with this, Nigel, greatly appreciated.

3 results