Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahoodle installation in Windows

Lino Oliveira's profile picture

05 November 2009, 7:44

Hi all

I am planning a Mahoodle installation in a Windows system for research purpose.

In the future it will be done in a Windows 2003 Server but now I will test in a Windows XP Professional SP3. I will use XAMPP because I need it for other applications.

Is there any care I should have with the sequence of installations?

I am planning the following sequence:

• XAMPP 1.7.1
  • Moodle 2.0 beta
  • Mahara 1.1.7

I would like to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Regards from Portugal

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 November 2009, 16:49

Hi - the order in which you install Moodle and Mahara won't matter too much. When it comes to linking them, you'll just need to follow the instructions in the Mahoodle PDF - which just require that both are set up properly beforehand.

You'll be using Moodle 2.0 alpha (it hasn't reached beta yet) - so there might be bugs that interfere with things - but hopefully it should all work out. You're also on windows, the MNET wasn't so good on windows before 1.1.7, but we fixed a couple of bugs in that release which should make things a little better. 

Lino Oliveira's profile picture

06 November 2009, 8:35

Hi Nigel.

I had succesfully installed Moodle 2.0 Alpha :-) and Mahara 1.1.7 but not yet a Mahoodle system.

I am trying to solve the know problem "Sorry, your registration attempt was unsuccessful. This is our fault, not yours. Please try again later".

I had not solved yet because my installation is local (locahost) with XAMPP. I think it is related with Mercury mail server of XAMPP.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 November 2009, 17:48

That message means that sending an e-mail to a newly registered user failed. You need to check to see why your server cannot send e-mail from PHP.

Unfortunately there can be many reasons for this, and Windows users almost always have more trouble than those on Linux. Your best bets are to check the mail server logs, and if they don't help, check these forums and see if anyone else had the problem and could solve it. 

4 results