Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem with Forum Posts and Font Selection

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 November 2009, 8:05

Hi guys,

for some reason Forum posts do not work whenever I select a different Font family. The post is not being displayed.The text is saved by mahara though which I can see when I click on Edit this post. Looks like a bug doesn't it? 

Also I cannot register my installation with the mahara.org site. 

Does anybody know how to solve these problems?

thx Alex

Account deleted

04 November 2009, 17:29

Hi - that's most strange. This post is in a different font family and works fine. Which font family did you choose, and have you customise the theme?

The registration won't work if you have outbound port 80 firewalled off (in which case RSS updates won't work either). The registration process contacts mahara.org via a HTTP request. So check you're not blocking those. 

Account deleted

07 November 2009, 7:30

Hi Nigel,

thx for your help. It might in fact be that Port 80 is firewalled off. RSS Updates don't work either. 

As for the problem with the font selection. Luckily it's a single post that is producing this error. All other forum entries work fine.

thx Alex

Account deleted

08 November 2009, 18:00

Hmm - if you edit the post and click the "html" button (end of the first row of buttons on the WYSIWYG editor), do you see any strange HTML that might be causing the problem?
Account deleted

09 November 2009, 7:32

Is it possible to use a proxy for Outbound connections? I can't find this option in the Admin section.

@Forum Post problem: HTML looks like this:

<pre><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Hallo liebe iplusler,</font></pre><pre><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">eure FS iplus <br /></font></pre>

It's a single post that is causing the problem.

Account deleted

09 November 2009, 20:06

There's proxy settings at the bottom of the Networking page (not a good place for them I admit).

That html doesn't look bad.. so not sure what could be going on there. 

Account deleted

10 November 2009, 15:17

Damn I remember! Unfortunately XML-RPC isn't installed, I guess that's why my networking page isn't loading and I couldn't find the proxy option.

Can I enter the proxy settings manually or is XML-RPC mandatory?

Account deleted

10 November 2009, 17:54

That's why those settings shouldn't be there Smile

I will stop being lazy file a bug to get them moved, actually.

You could set them directly in the database, in the 'config' database table. The configuration setting is called 'proxyaddress'. If you need credentials to get out (HTTP Basic), then set 'proxyauthmodel' to 'basic' and 'proxyauthcredentials' to 'username:password'.

Account deleted

11 November 2009, 2:34

Hi Nigel,

thx for all your help! Unfortunately I need to specify a proxy port too. I added a field proxyadress. Credentials aren't needed!

Alex

Account deleted

11 November 2009, 17:47

I think you can put the port in the proxyaddress field, e.g.: http://example.net:1234/ 

13 results