Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
I cannot seem to install mahara on my local server or web server

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 October 2009, 0:31

Looking at building a career site and I think this will be good, I am trying in both production server and test server and i dont seem to be able to successfully set this up.. Can someone tell me what am doing wrong. I moved the files over to my webserver and i go to the location which is a subdomain and it will not work, i even added /index.php and it still wouldnt work. I need to get started as soon as possible because i still need to learn the configurations. PLS HELP
Account deleted

01 November 2009, 16:46

Hi - that's not really enough information for us to know what might be wrong. Where have you uploaded the files? How do you upload them? What is the domain name of your site?
Account deleted

01 November 2009, 20:56

thanks Nigel, i have WAMP on the local pc and i renamed the htdocs folder to mahara and tried to install but it will not work..i uploaded it to my server and made it a subdomain and when i point to it, its not coming up at all..it is just not working for me. I did everything the install told me to do but its not working..
Account deleted

05 November 2009, 2:12

I guess no one knows the answer to this question..nice..
Account deleted

13 November 2009, 15:43

I am trying to test Mahara with Moodle 2.0 locally. Are there any instructions for a local install using Windows XP, XAMPP and Apache. I don't want to put this on a server. Is that possible?

Thanks!

5 results