Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Looking for feedback on Walled garden specification

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 November 2009, 5:43

Just FYI, you can add our remote from this URL: http://git.luns.net.uk/mahara.git/

(I have just updated the gitweb URL to reflect this)

Account deleted

22 November 2009, 16:20

Any chance of making that available over git:// ? Smile Just need to plug it into inetd, it's not too hard. Basically, install openbsd-inetd if it is not installed already, add the following line to /etc/inetd.conf and then restart it:
git     stream  tcp     nowait  nobody  /usr/bin/git-daemon git-daemon --inetd --verbose --export-all --base-path=/srv/git /srv/git
Ruslan Kabalin's profile picture

20 November 2009, 6:31

Hi Penny,

Thanks a lot for your comments. You can find a single patch containing all changes here. Regarding in-text SQL, I tried to keep big SQL snippets out of pages (like get_institutions_data function for instance). I will try to move anything more than a single lookup into methods ;))

Account deleted

25 March 2010, 0:24

Hi Ruslan (and other contributors),

I've just had my first look at this in a dev environment (thanks to John Kelsh) and I love it - I will hopefully be putting together a screen cast about it and posting it on my blog if nobody else has already done something similar to show it off.

One suggestion for a further enhancement though - once the Outcomes have been sent back to Mahara from Moodle, then allow them to be embedded as a block in a view. This would be a great way for a student to share the quality of their work with a prospective employer.

Love your work, can't wait to see more,

Mark.

Account deleted

25 March 2010, 23:38

Oops!

I posted this in the wrong thread - I was talking about the Moodle/Mahara integration - sorry folks!

Mark.

20 November 2009, 11:46

SQL snippets are removed from script pages into separate method (commitdiff), the cumulative commit is updated with these changes as well (commitdiff). Smile

25 January 2012, 5:10

Just for the record: the Walled garden feature is now using term Isolated Institutions. You may find the specification on this wiki page, which also contains the links to related discussions on the forum. You may get an idea about its current state having read through the related threads.

17 results