Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Groups and Users

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 October 2009, 16:05

Hi there

I am the System admin at a high school here in the Bay of Plenty. We are new to Mahara. We are trialing at the moment and it seems to be working well. Couple of questions though.

1. How can we delete the Register button on the front page or stop unauthorized user account set up. We have our accounts been set up from connecting to Moodle. We do not want manual accounts set up in Mahara.

2. Is there any way to a delete a groups in Mahara. We have had students set up rogue groups. I have looked through site administration but I can not see where to do it.

Clint

Account deleted

27 October 2009, 16:49

Hi Clint,

You should be able to get rid of the register button by going to the edit screen for all your institutions, and turning off "Register allowed".

Unfortunately there is no page yet for the site administrator to delete groups.  You can still delete groups by going to the profile page of the group owner, then you can "login as" that user, navigate to the group page and delete it from there.

Account deleted

27 October 2009, 18:57

Hi Clint,
I just want to double-check that you are not using the www.myportfolio.school.nz service? Intead your school has its own instance of Mahara?
Account deleted

03 November 2009, 5:50

Our own site
4 results