Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Cross post: RFC: small features for hackfest

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 October 2009, 3:25

Cross posting from the developer forum, in case there are more people here than there are there (quite likely, I think! Wink)

Liip (the Swiss Mahara partner) are sponsering a Mahara hackfest day, where employees who are interested in getting into Mahara development (either because they're just interested, or because they might have upcoming projects that involve Mahara) can all sit around a table together for a day and hack on stuff.  This is usually to push out some small feature and get people familiar with Mahara.  I'll probably not be doing any coding myself, just helping people find their way around, doing code review and showing people the ropes.

I have some ideas for small "hackfest sized features" and of course a huge list of stuff that I'd really love to add to Mahara, but I wanted to poll the community on whether people can think of some small, but big impact features. 

This won't be in time for 1.2, but if we get something interesting done and the code to a reasonable standard, it's possible it could be included in 1.3.

Any ideas welcome! 

Cheers,

Penny
Account deleted

22 October 2009, 17:33

I know this isn't anywhere near small enough but one idea is to enhance the Share View/Template feature so that you can have default blocks that are empty of actual content. e.g. Blog block is top-left, video block then text block etc. The only way to do that at the moment is to actually have the blocks populated with content that is subsequently swapped out.

Btw Penny, I'm going to the Pixies Doolittle concert in March ;-)

Account deleted

22 October 2009, 19:41

We fixed this for 1.2, blocks can now be empty Smile
Account deleted

23 October 2009, 1:03

Arghhhh! Jealous! That's right after we leave New Zealand again :(
4 results