Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mass upload functionality

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 January 2010, 21:35

Hi Everybody

I have a same problem as Orf. When I upload zip or tgz file, I can see no "upzip" link right of the file. But when I upload tar file, I can see unzip link right of the file in MyFiles.

A problem is uploading sign. When I uploaded 2.7M tar file, uploading sign did not finished so long.

I will try another tar.gz file.  

Thank you a lot

01 February 2010, 13:15

This function is also not working in our installation of Mahara.  It isn't clear to me, after reading these posts, if the problem is related to a particular version of PHP, or if an unzip plugin needs to be installed on the server, or both.  Could someone please clarify. 
Account deleted

01 February 2010, 17:06

Hello Daiji and Ellen,

There are two different causes of this problem that I am aware of:

(1) If your server has PHP < 5.2, .zip files won't be recognised (but .tar.gz files should still work.  A good way to test whether this is the problem is to try uploading the files at demo.mahara.org -- if it works there and doesn't work on your own server then it is probably caused by your php version.

(2) Your browser may be uploading the files with a mime type that we don't recognise yet.  Our current list is here:

application/zip
 application/x-zip
 application/zip-compressed
 application/x-zip-compressed
 application/x-tar
 application/x-gtar
 application/g-zip
 application/x-gzip
 application/gzip
 application/gzip-compressed
 application/gzipped
 application/gunzip
 application/x-gunzip
 application/x-compressed-tar
 application/x-tgz
 application/x-bzip2
 application/x-bzip
 application/bzip2
 application/x-bz2
 application/x-bzip-compressed-tar

We will need to fix the mimetype problems on the Mahara side.  It would be really helpful to me if you could upload the file that isn't working somewhere on demo.mahara.org (unfortunately we can't use mahara.org for this yet as it's still running Mahara 1.1), and then post back here with a link to the location of the uploaded file on demo.mahara.org and your browser and OS version.

03 February 2010, 8:47

Hi Richard,

It looks like it is a problem with Firefox.  I tried using several different file compressions, and uploading on a Mac and a PC, but never got the "unzip" link until I used Safari.  That's pretty troublesome for us, because Firefox is becoming quite ubiquitous.  Thanks.

Ellen

03 February 2010, 10:33

I think I wrote too soon.  When I used Internet Explorer on a PC, and uploaded to our Mahara site, I did not see the "unzip" link for a zipped folder, but I did see it on the demo site. Our site did recognize a .tar file however.  So, I'm guessing it's a combination of both the PHP and the browser. We are running PHP 5.2.11--which version do we need to install?  .  thanks.
Account deleted

03 February 2010, 17:57

Hi Ellen,

I thought it would just work if you had any version of php after 5.2, but obviously not.  It sounds like you will need to explicitly enable the php zip extension on your server.

Were there any files you uploaded on the demo site where the 'unzip' link failed to appear?  If so, could you point me at them, and let me know which browser you used to upload them?

Thanks,

R.

04 February 2010, 17:05

Hi Richard,

I deleted all of the files, and so you should see just one there (attachments.zip).  I used Firefox 3.5.7 on a Mac OSX 10.5

Ellen

Account deleted

13 May 2010, 20:02

I have a problem in uploading zip file.

SELECT DISTINCT filetype FROM artefact_file_files; gives

CDF V2 Document, corrupt: Cannot read summary info
 image/jpeg
 video/x-flv
 application/octet-stream
 application/x-shockwave-flash
 application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation
 video/x-ms-asf
 image/png
 application/x-rar
(9 rows)

I wonder how I can add file type. Shoud I use insert command to fix this?

I upgraded mahara from earlier version.

Thanks.

Account deleted

13 May 2010, 21:47

That "CDF V2 Document, corrupt: Cannot read summary info" is a worry. We should check that the mimetype returned from the mime_content_type function is well-formed.

19 results