Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
resume field

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 October 2009, 8:54

hi everyone,

when  I add "one resume field" its configuration box list the fields to choose but not the buttons "save" and "remove"

thanks 

Account deleted

20 October 2009, 21:27

Hi - what version of Mahara and what web browser are you using?

Also, is your site available publicly? If it is, then we could have a look at it directly to see what's up - though it's not a big deal if it isn't Smile

Account deleted

22 October 2009, 11:44

Hi
we have installed V 1.1.5.
we have added "One resume field" using  different web browser (Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8
Mozilla Firefox 3.4..) and with different users...and works. ie, shows the buttons "save" and "remove".

But something very serious. this problem only occurs in a user. but anything had been modified.
we don't know if this problem will occur in some other user
Account deleted

22 October 2009, 18:25

So, you are saying that only for a certain user does the save/remove buttons disappear. The choice of browser has no effect?

Is your site available publicly? If so, if I could get access to that user's account, I could have a look for myself? Because that problem sounds most strange. Feel free to e-mail me ([email protected]) with details. 

Account deleted

05 November 2009, 10:48

the site is available publicly. but you couldn't  get access to that user's account because the "user" and "password" is used in all informations systems of the university (moodle, mahara, blogs, wiki...etc).  I'm going tosend you the images.

is possible to change the profile's owner? we need to create an user with that error. thus, we could send you the information (user and password) and you could see that problem.
Account deleted

08 November 2009, 17:23

Hi - sorry for the slow reply. Richard and I had a look at this last week, and couldn't come up with any good reason why it might be happening. It'd be really hard to say unless we could get access to an account, though as you say this is quite hard to do.

Maybe you could try these things:

Upgrade to 1.1.7

Delete the smarty cache. This is in the $dataroot directory, at $dataroot/smarty/compile. Just delete all files and folders under there, then give it a go.

If those don't work, you could try changing the owner of the view I suppose. If you create a new user account and get its user ID, then you could change the owner in the database like so:

UPDATE "view" SET owner = [new user id] WHERE id = [view id]; 

Account deleted

09 November 2009, 13:02

hi.

thanks

we upgrade to 1.1.7 and follow the steps.
but we have realized that the problem
is related to the user.
we changed the owner of the view and it
works (show the buttons).
also, we had to delete the user. then,
using ldap, the user logged and
was create. thus, the problem was eliminated.

we don't know if this problem will occur in some other user

Account deleted

09 November 2009, 18:51

Most strange.. I wonder if it was related to the contents of that user's resume.. I guess if you see the problem again it's worth trying to investigate that.
8 results