Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
noscript message

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 October 2009, 13:04

I have searched high and low, and I cannot find where I can change the <noscript> tag message for index.php

The reason I want to change this option is because I would like to put a "ShareThis" script on the index page so people can post links in facebook, and when I do, in lieu of the description it provides the message:

"Your browser does not have javascript enabled for this site. Mahara (open source social networking) requires javascript to be enabled before you can log in"

If there is a better way to do this, than editing the <noscript> tag?

Account deleted

15 October 2009, 17:16

Does the message have to be there? You could just edit the Home Page content in Administration -> Edit Site Pages.

If it does have to be there, the login form is generated by the function auth_generate_login_form() in auth/lib.php. The <noscript> tag is put in inside the templates. The login block's template is theme/default/templates/sideblocks/login.tpl, and the transient login page (e.g. the one you get if your session times out) is at theme/default/templates/login.tpl. 

Account deleted

15 October 2009, 18:38

The message does not have to be there, but despite editing the content through the "Administration > Edit Site Pages" It still grabs the JS first.

I looked at the source on the first page, and I can only assume that it is because the <title> tag is followed by javascript before the <body> tag which is where the <h2> section lies.

If you have any other idea of how I can remedy this aside from editing the <noscript> message?

Account deleted

15 October 2009, 19:41

Hm, I've gotten a bit confused. What exactly are you trying to put on the page (what html/js etc.), where do you want it to go, and what have you tried so far to make it happen? (e.g. where have you put your html/js)
Account deleted

15 October 2009, 18:50

I am also not sure how to go about editing the actual message. When I fiew the login.tpl in the sideblocks folder, the noscript is written as:

<noscript><p>{str tag="javascriptnotenabled"}</p></noscript>

I am not sure where "javascriptnotenabled" is a reference to.

Account deleted

15 October 2009, 19:41

That refers to a language string. That particular string will be defined in lang/en.utf8/mahara.php.
Account deleted

16 October 2009, 12:34

If you have a facebook account, you can go to www.anteletech.com and click the "Invite Friends" link, and choose facebook.

I think you will see what I mean.

By the way, I feel it needs to be said that I am very pleasantly surprised about how easy you are to talk to. Thank you.

7 results