Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara - Mahara Networking

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 October 2009, 0:45

hey Guys,

i have been trying to establish Mahara-Mahara Networking but so far i am unsuccessful.

when i add an institute , and try to have its authentication by XMLRPC.

" An error occurred while retrieving the public key from the remote server.
Please ensure that the Application and WWW Root fields are correct, and that networking is enabled on the remote host. "

I have triple checked the enabling of networking on the remote host, and it is enabled.

I am setting the Application as Mahara.

I have consulted the Mahoodle pdf for the value of 'WWW root’, the pdf says that I should use 'WWW Root' from the Networking page in the administration section.

I am using the same value as mentioned over there, but still facing the above mentioned error.

Has any one of you tried doing this before?

Please help me establish this networking.

Thanks in advance.

Account deleted

15 October 2009, 17:21

Mahara to Mahara networking hasn't be tested out as well as Moodle to Mahara (or Mahara to Moodle). So it could be a bug. But then again, there's nothing that complicated about the key retrieval.

Have you enabled networking on both Maharas before trying to add the XMLRPC authentication plugin? 

Account deleted

16 October 2009, 16:45

Yes Nigel,

i have enabled networking on both mahara installations.

Can you guide me how to retrieve the key and supply it to the other installation of Mahara ?

thanks.

Account deleted

20 October 2009, 22:10

That's supposed to happen automatically, but if it's not, you can copy the key from the Networking page on one Mahara, and then paste it into the Public Key box in the XMLRPC config on the other Mahara. Be careful - both keys will look almost identical, so make sure you don't accidentally paste the key from a Mahara into the public key box on the same Mahara.
4 results