Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Help button

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 October 2009, 4:12

Hi

I'm relatively new to Mahara and I've been configuring for use at the University of Lincoln in the UK. I've written a set of help sheets for students (Essentially they're simple site views, containing text boxes and images of screenshots) and placed a link to them on the home page. (ideally pre-login so other Mahara users could adapt them for their own installations.)  I'd prefer though to have a help button added to the menu bar. Is this something you can do locally, or should I put in a feature request. (I did search the feature request tracker, but missed it.)

Account deleted

14 October 2009, 21:11

Hi,

Information about the tracker is available here.

The problem with the help buttons I find is that users just plain miss them completely Frown

If you wanted on there though, you'd have to do a bit of code/template editing. The appropriate template is theme/default/templates/header.tpl, if you want to try for yourself.

Is there a reason why you want us to do it to the Mahara core? Smile 

Account deleted

25 November 2009, 9:40

Thanks Nigel - Point taken about users missing help buttons. - It's just the way we then do things - we added a help tab to our installation of Blackboard and I thought it would be nice to be consistent - although as you say, no-one ever seems to use it!Smile. But, no, no on reflection I see no need to add it to the Mahara Core.

A post by Account deleted was deleted

4 results