Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara update fails with J/S error

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 October 2009, 0:00

I attempted to update Mahara however the AJAX on the admin/upgrade.php page didn't work. I tried bump a version down but I still had the same issue, changed browser still no AJAX. If this were a bug obviously you would have been able to fix it already as it would effect the Developers update. Can someone assist me?

Source File: http://moodle.wellingtonsc.vic.edu.au/mahara/htdocs/js/MochiKit/Packed.js
Line: 3002

var e=self.coerceToDOM(self.getElement(elem));
e.parentNode.removeChild(e); <-- That line.
return e;

Release 1.1.6 (2009022617), © 2006 onwards

I got no response on IRC, and have looked around but I can't seem to find a similar complaint. So far I have downgraded the page to the original version. Help would be much appreciated.

Account deleted

12 October 2009, 15:40

Hi - what version are you trying to upgrade from?

If you're trying to upgrade to 1.1.6, then I'm a bit confused as that should work for everyone. Certainly nobody has reported problems until now Undecided

And if you tried different browsers, then I would have expected you would have downloaded the latest javascript files in at least one of them.

What would be really handy is if you could provide a backtrace for that javascript error. The error itself is occuring in the middle of a javascript library we use, and as such, isn't that helpful.

Alternatively, if you could put the new code in place and then post on the forums when it's there, I could have a look at the page for myself. Or you could ping me on IRC, given I'm now available (wasn't around at 8pm on a Friday when you first turned up Wink). 

Account deleted
Account deleted

14 October 2009, 21:48

5pm Friday is 7pm Friday here in NZ - I imagine I'll be playing football at that time rather than being at work Wink 

Account deleted

14 October 2009, 23:17

I have arranged it to be left like that for the weekend too. Will set a .htaccess I have PMed you my email.
Account deleted

16 October 2009, 2:27

Ok I have negotiated the site being unavaliable for the weekend. (It's all setup.)
Account deleted

18 October 2009, 16:13

Hi - I've just had a look, and it doesn't seem your site currently needs an upgrade, did you manage to run it, or did you put the original code back in place again?
Account deleted

18 October 2009, 22:04

I put it back, however created a clone of the failed version. I PMed you the new url (add _2 after htdocs)
Account deleted

20 October 2009, 20:34

Hi - I've had a look at it now. It looks to me like maybe you're missing one of the new template files? Could you try re-uploading all of the new version of Mahara there?

The specific error, I think, is being caused because the javascript tries to remove the "you need javascript to run the installer" message - but that particular element isn't in the page - possibly because you still have an old template there.

If you try that and it still doesn't work, then please go into your dataroot directory, and remove all files and directories in the smarty/compile/ directory. They're safe to remove, and maybe it's because they're stale that the page is broken. 

Account deleted

21 October 2009, 2:59

Removing the compiled data seemed to work.
11 results