Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
guest search

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 October 2009, 5:08

Hi

Is there any way to allow visitors to the Mahara site to view a list of public user profiles? I have looked around the system and cant find a way to access a list of users or search users when not logged into Mahara. Currently we are allowing the choice of publicly viewable profiles or logged in users which is the users choice. We are looking to use Mahara not just as an Eportfolio system but as a point of contact for alumni and our institutions social networking choice.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

07 October 2009, 7:51

Hi,

no there is no way for "guest" users to see a list of profiles. In my opinion a e-Porttfolio is a very sensible structure and therefore I don´t want such utilities.

Heinz

Account deleted

07 October 2009, 9:33

ah okay thanks for that means i can stop hunting around scratching my head.

The main reason I was looking at such a function was more so to allow prospective employers to browse a list of publicly available resume's of users. The power of having such a system where employers could check our Mahara portfolio system for prospective candidates would be a great tool for any learning institution. Search for profiles with certain tags like art, sport etc, this would also allow us to strengthen ties within industry.

I myself have a profile on several job websites which is viewable by employers just thought something similar within our mahara that local employers could search would be an asset

Account deleted

07 October 2009, 18:08

Yeah, it would be a useful feature. In general, Mahara's searching capabilities aren't the best, but that's something I hope we can address in future releases.
4 results