Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Bridge with Joomla! and wiki support?!

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 October 2009, 5:00

I'm the administrator of an information science community (www.kosson.ro) which is running on Joomla! CMS (see www.kosson.ro). For the purpose of engaging further the members of the community and achieving the goal of establishing a more integrated community of practice hive.kosson.ro has been started based on Mahara of which I believe is up to the task envisaged. My question is if it will be possible in the near future to develop a bridge between Joomla! and Mahara?

I have to congratulate you for this fantastic piece of software which in my opinion is far better than Joomla!'s proposed social networking extensions.

Another question is how to integrate a wiki type document collaborative editing internally to Mahara? Is there any plugin developed for this?

Kind regards

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 October 2009, 19:03

Hi - if Joomla implemented Mahara's MNET API, you could get single sign-on working. There's a very small public API for Mahara too, although it's not well documented and you'd have to dig about in the code to see it all. But that could be extended to help with the work.
2 results