Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Your defined data root directory, /homepages/37/d207562753/newdata/, is not writable.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 September 2009, 10:31

Hello,

I've been getting this message: Your defined data root directory, /homepages/37/d207562753/newdata/, is not writable.

The folder is chmode 777, but I keep getting this message. I'm curious now if I have messed up writing the path to the folder, though I'm almost completely sure I have not.

Anyone have any ideas? Thsi is the first time I have ever had complications with the root path to anything.

Thank you,

Alis

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 September 2009, 18:35

If you have the path right (which would be the most common problem if you already knew to chmod the directory, but you say you have that checked), then it might be something a little more obscure. For example, maybe one of the parent directories doesn't allow the web server user to change to it. If that's the case, then your host may have explicitly set things up so you can't write stuff under /homepages somewhere.

Can you find out the owner and privileges of all the directories above your newdata directory? So, /homepages, /homepages/37 and /homepages/37/d207562753. 

2 results