Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Report and Statistics

Yaju Mahida's profile picture

30 September 2009, 1:53

Is it possible to get plot data – like histograms showing suitable ranges for

·         number of times each of the ePortoflios is accessed by their owner over the whole time (eg ranges of 1-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20+ depending on spread of accesses)

·         disk space vs user, and an overall total

·         hits on the ePortfolios by person over that whole time

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

30 September 2009, 3:52

Hi Yaju,

greetings from Germany Wink

there are no such features out of the box to do your statistical jobs. In my opinion it would be not a good way to control the  users this way. The users of an E-Portfolio need confidence that their work is protected aginst the access of any person.

If you find an agreement with your users to report working times an blog entry  both sides will profit.

The used diskspace is saved in the database and you will find a way to write a short sql routine  to collect infos.

HTH

Heinz 

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 September 2009, 19:15

Hi - currently we don't have such reports, but we are going to add some high level statistics stuff to Mahara after 1.2. The plans don't include the number of times the portfolio is accessed, though it does include how many users have logged in within the last day/week etc.

Heinz hasn't quite got it right - we're happy to add statistics, as long as they don't personally track users. Which is why to start with, we're going to add these high level aggregate things - for example, your users have on average 2 views, and are on average in 4 groups.

I'm asking Richard Wyles if I can post the specs to the forums, so you can see what will be available (after 1.2). 

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 September 2009, 20:40

Ok, here are the current plans:

http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=5856

Thoughts welcome, though note that there's only a small pool of funding for this, so there's not really much room to tweak the plans (well the layouts probably could be, but the collected stats perhaps not so much). 

4 results