Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
1.1.6 Ready to Use???

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 September 2009, 0:45

Hi,

We want to start using Mahoodle at our school.

1. Can anyone tell me if it is ready to use for e-portfolios

2. Can you update 1.1.6 to the new 1.2 when it is released later 

3.  If a student has a photoin their profile in Moodle will it also work in Mahara (this was problem i seen with the previous version)

4 Is there any timeline for the release of 1.2

Thank you for the support.

Mahara 

Account deleted

29 September 2009, 18:11

Hiya,

1. That depends on your definition of "ready to use" Smile. And also, for what purpose you want the portfolio to be for. Mahara is designed to be a reflective, student-centred portfolio, where the students are in control of their information - and as such, many schools, universities and other institutions are using it this way Smile. The Moodle side of Mahoodle takes care of all the formal learning, while the Mahara side gives the students a space that is theirs, a place to reflect and something that can they can control.
  2. Yes, absolutely. We fully support upgrades from one stable version to another. We make a point of making sure it will work, in fact.
  3. I think I remember the bug report, it might have been fixed recently. If it doesn't work, let us know - maybe there is another bug in that case.
  4. I'm hoping, in the next few weeks. I have to finish off View import for the LEAP2A import/export support. I'm getting there slowly but surely Cool

Account deleted

30 September 2009, 3:14

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me,
I installed Mahara and linked it to Moodle.
But I am still getting failed login to mahara, once I attach a photo to my moodle profile.

Before I add a photo it will allow me to loin to Mahara, but after that it shuts me out.

Please have a look at this bug as it is an essential part of the integration.

Thanks again for the support

Patrick J Phillips
DP ITGS / MYP Technology

International School HCMC
An Phu, District 2, HCMC
Viet Nam
Tel: (848) 38989100
Fax: (848) 38874022

[email protected]
http://www.ishcmc.com

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

30 September 2009, 3:59

Hi Patrick,

i know about many institutions that have done an mahoodle combo. This shows that the integration is ok. I don´t know why there are problems in your special case.

Nigel and the other core developers do an excellent job and will fix any bugs ;-)

Heinz 

Account deleted

30 September 2009, 19:08

Hi - what versions of Moodle and Mahara do you have? I presume you have Mahara 1.1.6, but what about the Moodle?

Aha, I found the bug report:  https://eduforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3317&group_id=176&atid=739

Are you on windows hosting? 

Account deleted

30 September 2009, 21:17

Hi,

Yes we run it on windows server.

Mahara 1.1.6

Moodle 1.9.5

It would be excellent if we can find a solution.

thanks for looking into this

Patrick

Account deleted

30 September 2009, 22:51

All that needs to happen is the code that naively tries to write the profile icon to /tmp/ should write it to wherever we know we can write files.. it can't be that hard for us to fix. Hopefully we can do it before 1.2 Smile
Account deleted

03 November 2009, 3:19

Hi Nigel

I am back onto trying to get Mahoodle working in our school,

please can you tell me if the problem mentioned in this chat has been resolve.

I really would like to show off the mahara to my school soon.

Thanks

(it can't be that hard for us to fix. Hopefully we can do it before 1.2 Smile)

Account deleted

04 November 2009, 1:41

almost - I've committed a fix to Moodle 1.9Stable that allows the integration to work on a windows server, but I haven't quite made the change to Mahara yet. I keep getting distracted with other jobs!  - I'll try to post here when I've finally got the change sorted in Mahara.

*edit* - oops, I saw you were trying to run the mahoodle on a windows server and assumed you were having issues with the initial config - but I've just looked at the link Nigel posted to the tracker issue and notice it's something different! - looks like nigel has fixed that already - have you tried with the latest version of Mahara?

Account deleted

04 November 2009, 17:25

Yes, this issue has been resolved in Mahara 1.1.7 (and on master, so in 1.2 also).
14 results