Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Artefact not in view when navigating through folder in view

Olaf Perlick's profile picture

27 September 2009, 5:59

Hi there,

I have created a view containg a download link to a folder of my file section. When I start using  the view and go into the folder structure to reach on of my files, I get an "artefact XX not in view XX". I really would appreciate  any help, as this functionality is crucial for the use of Mahara in our vocational school.

Thanx in advance

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

27 September 2009, 10:46

Hi,

greetings from Germany ;-)

I think your problems comes up if you do not specifiy the folder. Mahara expects to know about the correct folder, navigation int the folder struc is not implemented.

HTH Heinz

27 September 2009, 14:29

Thanks fpor your fast reply Heinz. Do you know, if nctionality will be included in further Versions of Mahara? As we intend to use Mahara as an online repository for the documents of our teachers, the option to link directories into views is crucial.

Bes wishes, Olaf

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 September 2009, 17:41

Hi - I'm a little bit confused by that behaviour you're describing.

Did you add a folder block to a view, and choose a folder to put in it? And is it through there that you are getting the errors?

One reason might be that you are not running the cron job - do you know if that is set up? 

28 September 2009, 5:25

Hi Nigel,

yes, that's the way I have done it. What is it, that the cron job is doing? I expected that the folder published in a folder block is accessible to all people that have access to the  view.

Best regards, Olaf

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 September 2009, 18:55

The folder is made available, yes. The cron job shouldn't be necessary, but it does ensure that access continues to work even when you move files and folders around in your My Files area. It might not help in your case, but it might - and it's never a good idea to not be running it.

It sounds to me like your system isn't behaving correctly (as opposed to you having done anything wrong Smile). Is your site available publicly? Could we register on it and maybe have a look at the view you're having issues with?

29 September 2009, 1:28

Hi Nigel,

I have established a login for you:

nigel / nigel2009

As the site does not contain any important data, it is no problem sharing the login this way at the moment. I have granted you access to my view called "Unterrichtsvorbereitung Mathematik", though, I couldn't see the view when I was logged in as "nigel".

Thanks a lot for your help, Olaf

29 September 2009, 4:37

Sorry, it was nigel / nigel09!

29 September 2009, 6:00

Hi everybody,

I very much appreciated your help - I don't really understand why, but it's workig now, as expected. Might be one of you has put a spell on my Mahara page, or it was the Cronjob, as Nigel told me!

Anyway, thanks a lot!

29 September 2009, 16:43

Sorry to get on your nerves again, but after I thought the cron got this directory thing running, I had to experience today, that additional files I put in my folder structure don't become visible in the view, even after the cron has run!
19 results