Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
1.2.0beta3

Yaju Mahida's profile picture

17 September 2009, 21:09

I am testing the 1.2.0beta3 release and tried the site close and suspend institution functionalities.

It is working fine but when you suspend institute / close site and users try to log in it rejects and gives error message that is okay.

But the users who tried to log in during this down time are displayed under online users when  administrator logs in.

I think this shouldnt be like this. They were rejected to log in so no need to show as online users.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 September 2009, 16:01

Hm, interesting. Maybe we are setting the lastlogin and lastlastlogin fields before checking that their institution is suspended. And also maybe checking that the site is closed after doing the login checks. Maybe those should be around the other way.
Account deleted

20 September 2009, 16:22

Yeah, I think they are getting logged in and then logged straight out again. It would be better to not log them in at all.

20 September 2009, 20:55

After upgrade I found two plugin were not installed automatically as a part of upgrade process.

Plugin type: import - file and creativecommons

Account deleted

20 September 2009, 22:42

Thanks Yaju, I have fixed both of these for the next release.

21 September 2009, 0:04

For updating user info accroding to LDAP, I have started my efforts.

Temporary I am adding a routine in \ldap\lib.php within the function authenticate_user_account which will match the entry of database with LDAP. And if required will update database.

If you can specify  how it should be implemented I will try to implment that way.

21 September 2009, 18:23

Sorry I posted above LDAP thing under this topic....ignore this and above post.

Please, delete this post and above ldap one if required.

7 results