Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Running a Pilot - Design College

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 September 2009, 1:02

Hi Mahara Community, greetings from Sydney!

I will shortly start a pilot of Mahara with a group of final year students at an art college. Has anyone got any advice on running a pilot of either ePortfolio in general or Mahara specifically?

Has anyone implemented ePortfolio in a design or art college/school context? I'd love to hear about any positive feedback or issues you have come across.

thanks heaps

susie

Account deleted

15 September 2009, 3:01

Hi Susie, Jonathan Warner and the Royal College of Art are doing some very interesting work and it would be worth contacting him - they did a great presentation at the Mahara UK 09.

Central School of Speech and Drama is about to embark on a pilot, so perhaps we have an opportunity to do some exciting collaborative project (if your students would consider theatre/costume design>?).

My advice is to adopt a 'project management' approach - if that makes sense :)  Keep it simple, time-bounded, and what doesn't work is often as interesting as what does.  Lastly, the students are the best resource - get them to help evaluate the project, etc.

http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/infokits/project-management

very best wishes

philip

Account deleted

15 September 2009, 19:45

Thanks very much for your response Philip and for the link as well - a really useful resource :)

I've taken a fairly formal approach so far, so it's good for me to get the feedback that I'm on the right track. We're just about to engage a small group of students & college staff to undertake the pilot, which I think will get more buy-in if we incorporate it into an existing project (an exhibition they are preparing for the end of year). I'll hopefully have some good findings to share as we go along.

cheers

Susie

Account deleted

16 September 2009, 3:06

This sounds like a great presentation/workshop at Mahara UK10.  Let me know if you're in London next July, and I'll certainly put it in the programme.  Or use a video link?  ;)

best wishes
philip

4 results