Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Getting student ID into Mahara from Moodle

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 September 2009, 9:39

Hi all.  With help from this forum I've got Mahara networked with our Moodle install (thank you!), but what I would like to do now is to pass more information between Moodle and Mahara.

Currently the student's forename and surname, as well as email address, are sent through from Moodle, but ideally we'd like the student ID as it appears in Moodle to go through to Mahara too (and keep it locked, too). I can't find a setting for this, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Paul.

Account deleted

14 September 2009, 17:11

Humm. I thought the student ID was sent through - if not, that's possibly a bug. What version of Moodle/Mahara? If 1.9.3+/1.1+, then you might want to file a bug on the tracker.

You can lock the field, at least. Go to Site Administration, Manage Extensions, then configure the artefact plugin: internal I think it is. That'll give you a list of fields and you can choose to lock them/force them to be set. 

Account deleted

15 September 2009, 4:19

Hi Nigel.

We have everything in Git repo's so we stay fairly up to date. We currently have in production Moodle 1.9.5+ (20090804) and Mahara 1.1.7testing (2009022620). I think for Mahara we took what was in the 1.1_STABLE branch, but I'm suddenly a little concerned about the word 'testing' on the end of the version number.

I had locked down the student ID number but it was quite blank when users roamed from Moodle.

I'll add a bug to the tracker in the hope that I haven't done something dumb while setting up Mahara!

Regard,

Paul.

Account deleted

15 September 2009, 20:38

Heh - the 'testing' on the end says that the version is the testing one for the next release. E.g., 1.1.7testing = the code is in the state between the 1.1.6 release and the 1.1.7 release. The commits since 1.1.6 are quite likely to be safe.

There's no way to configure whether or not certain fields come across from Moodle, so I suspect there is a bug - thanks for filing it Cool 

4 results