Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
image inserted in public page

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 September 2009, 23:05

Hello to all the poeple at mahara forums.

im new in mahara and i have, perhaps a very simple problem but i cant resolv this.

i insert an image over the public page of my installation of mahara (mahara is installed over debian and postgresql and xampp). The image is see without problem in the server but when i access to the mahara site out of the server the image dont display.

Best regard to all the poeple and i wait a little help to continue my knowledge about this spectacular tool.

Thanks

Alain Hermosilla from Chile South America 

Account deleted

02 September 2009, 4:01

Hello Alain,

I may be wrong but I would try these two things:

1)  I would check that the path to the dataroot folder is propertly set in the config,php file.

2) I would also check that the permissions for that folder are also corrrectly set so that you web user has access rights to read all  the uploaded files stored in the dataroot directory.

I hope that  this information is useful.

Saludos desde Edimburgo, Escocia.

Account deleted

03 September 2009, 9:33

You speak spanish?

i realize your 2 suggested points. But the problem persist.

Alain

Account deleted

02 September 2009, 20:55

Hi - is your server available on the internet? Do you have a link to it we could see?
Account deleted

03 September 2009, 10:02

hie nigel, thanks for your replies.

unfortunately, my mahara web is not in the internet, is in a private network. I talk with the administrator to have access via vpn system. when i have the user/password i sen d to you.

well, the problem is already up. when i insert an image to the public page the procedure is ok. But when i see this page from another computer with another browser the image apear for the first time. But when i refresh the same page, the image disappear. in other computer in the same provate network, the image dont charge. I review all the tuning for mahara configuration. and i think that all is ok.

thanks 

Alain Hermosilla

Account deleted

03 September 2009, 11:08

" when i insert an image to the public page the procedure is ok. But when i see this page from another computer with another browser the image apear for the first time".

When you say "insert" the image, do you just copy and paste the url of the image from Internet, or do you upload the image first in Mahara, and insert the stored image?

If your Mahara site is only working in a private network and you insert an Internet URL, maybe that is causing the problem.

Does it happen every time that you use the html editor? Both in the Home (public) page and the logged out page?

P.D. S'i, hablo espanyol.

Account deleted

03 September 2009, 13:33

dear aka mari:

you say "insert" the image, do you just copy and paste the url of the image from Internet, or do you upload the image first in Mahara, and insert the stored image?

If your Mahara site is only working in a private network and you insert an Internet URL, maybe that is causing the problem.

perhaps the problem is here. first i load the image to the mahara site via mahara toos, this is the upload butom. Second when i insert the image in the public home page i use the url take from mthe image . for example:

http://10.10.20.45/mahara/artefact/file/download.php?file=21

i dont know how to insert an image on other format.. You know another way?

Thats all for the moment

Alain Hermosilla

Chile

Account deleted

03 September 2009, 15:59

Hi,

When you upload an file to Mahara, it is private to you. Everything you upload is private to the user who uploads it, and you make it available through Views if you want others to see it.

Though, there is one exception. If you are the site admin, there is a section called "Site Files" in the admin section. If you go there, you will find a folder called "public". If you upload your file there, everyone can see it, and you will be able to embed it on the public homepage properly.

Give that a try, and see if it works! Cool 

8 results