Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Submissions plugin with Moodle v4.1

Peter Haasdijk's profile picture

19 May 2023, 18:52

In an environment with Moodle v4.1 and Mahara v20.10 I can't get the Mahara Submissions plugin to work (https://github.com/catalyst/assignsubmission-maharaws). I have carefully followed the manual and gone through all the steps of this discussion on the forum (https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=9125).

Below is the error message and the stack trace. Is there anyone who can point me towards the solution for this?

De foutmelding:

error/Error when connecting to Mahara web services. A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system Check that URL and OAuth credentials are correct and that there is a valid SSL certificate if HTTPS is used. Also check that the correct functions are assigned to the OAuth access.

Stack trace:

Stack trace: 

line 1309 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: moodle_exception thrown
    line 784 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->update_plugin_instance()
    line 43 of /mod/assign/lib.php: call to assign->add_instance()
    line 137 of /course/modlib.php: call to assign_add_instance()
    line 170 of /course/modedit.php: call to add_moduleinfo()

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 May 2023, 11:19

Hi Peter,

The first thing I'd recommend is you upgrade to a newer version of Mahara as I'm pretty sure we've added a number of LTI patches since 20.10.

Does the plugin work for you on Mahara 20.10 with Moodle 3.9? Just trying to narrow down where the problem might lie.

Cheers

Kristina

Peter Haasdijk's profile picture

22 May 2023, 19:37

When I installed Mahara I had quite a few problems with it. I can't remember exactly what was going on. However, I do remember that I was finally able to complete the installation via the command line.
This weekend I wanted to install Mahara 20.10 in a test environment and ran into problems again. I then rolled back the PHP version from 8.0 to 7.4 after which the installation went well.

Triggered by that, I also reset the PHP verion on the production server from 8.0 to 7.4. After this adjustment, the submission plugin works fine.

I will now continue working on this until the plugin is ready for Moodle v4.1. Then I will also install a newer version of Mahara and try again.

Thanks so far.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 May 2023, 13:06

Hi Peter,

Great that you could track down the problem. Mahara 20.10 does not support PHP 8. Rudimentary support for PHP 8.1 is in Mahara 22.10, but we've since made changes for better PHP 8.1 support in Mahara 23.04.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results