Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Quota management by institution admin

Norman Mewes's profile picture

01 March 2023, 10:44

Hi all,

when I create new users as a site admin, the quota set for the institution is correctly displayed and applied on the registration page, but not when a new user is registered by the institution admin. During registration by the institution admin, the quota set for the institution is displayed as unchangeable (greyed out). If the quota for the institution had been increased, only a preset standard quota is nevertheless taken over. The institution administrator cannot subsequently change this setting (greyed out). 
I administer a rather branched Mahara with many institutions. At the moment, I am stuck with what I think the institution admin should do: assign the members of his institution their quota up to the permitted limit.

My questions:
- How to set that the users registered by the institution admin get the full quota? (My Mahara is shared hosted, so I only have GUI access. What do I have to tell the hoster to make the setting via CLI)?
- Can the role of the institution admin be changed to allow him to manage the quota of his users up to the permitted limit?
- I should mention that I am still using release 21.04 (missed the once-a-year upgrade last summer). Is this matter perhaps already fixed in later releases?

Regards
Norman

Robert Lyon's profile picture

03 March 2023, 12:18

Hi Norman,

If I understand your query correctly you want institution admins to be allowed to set quota for people in their institution?

This should be doable by going to the following site setting on the Administration -> Extensions -> Plugin administration page.

In the 'Plugin type: Artefact' box there configuration button (cog) for the 'Files' row. Click that and then expand the 'Default account quota' section. There is a 'Institutional override' option there. Set that to 'Yes' and save the form'

See https://manual.mahara.org/en/21.04/administration/extensions.html#default-account-quota for more info.

This should then allow institution admins to set quotas for their institution.

Cheers

Robert

Norman Mewes's profile picture

04 March 2023, 21:02

Hi Robert,

thanks for your reply. Your suggestion does the trick.

In addition I changed switch 3 in the referred manual page to Yes. Thus a maximum limit is set to the quota an institution might be allowed to assign to its users (which is set in the institutional settings). But that is to prevent from running out of platform quota and not necessary to solve the described issue.

Cheers

Norman

3 results