Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Bug logging procedure.

Adam Barbary's profile picture

13 February 2023, 17:20

Just checking what's the best way to log bugs? Should I post here for verification first, before opening a ticket? My install has been upgraded multiple times, and there have been customization in the past, so a little concerned that I may have introduced these. Anyway, if you would like to check...

1. Bulk email - One filter or the other (requires a few messages, more than 10 with the same title)

• Filter on message title, you get 10 returned by default.
  • Change show X per page (say 50) the search resets, showing all messages
  • Click search again, the number of messages per page resets to 10.

2. Journal last modified date. Doesn't update if just attaching and removing a file.

1. Create a journal entry and save. Note the time.
  2. Edit the journal entry, add a file and save. Note the time (It hasn't updated)
  3. Edit the journal entry, edit the text and save. Note the time (new last updated entry, should be current time)
  4. Edit the journal entry, remove the file and save. Note the time (it hasn't updated)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 February 2023, 8:19

Hi Adam,

You are welcome to file a bug or wishlist item directly in our bug and wishlist item tracker. No need to mention it in the forums first.

The first issue with the search sounds like a bug. That behaviour doesn't happen on the 'People search' page in the admin area. I suspect that a full page reload happens, which removes the search term and thus needs to start again. Does that only happen in the inbox or also in 'Sent'?

The second item is borderline bug - wishlist item. It's a feature that hasn't been implemented yet.

Cheers

Kristina

Adam Barbary's profile picture

14 February 2023, 10:23

Thanks for the feedback and advice Kristina, I'll head over to the bug tracker.

Cheers,

Adam

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture
4 results